It’s Zucchini season & that means that I will turn a very healthy veggie into a not so healthy bread. Hehe. I tell myself that it’s actually really healthy because there’s a veggie in it but you’ll soon find out just how much sugar & flour is in it. But MAN is it worth it! I love to eat zucchini bread for my morning breakfast or for an afternoon snack. It’s so delicious! The best way to eat it is fresh out of the oven or heated in the microwave.
The recipe I use is one that has been in my family for a long time. I have sweet memories of my grammy & I baking it together using Grammy & Papa’s fresh garden zucchini. I fell in love at an early age thanks to Grammy & Papa.
Soooo now to the GOOD STUFF! Here’s the recipe: Bula’s Zucchini Bread
Makes about 3 loaves in a 9×5 pan.
Preparation: 30-45 min.
Bake time: 45 min.- 1 hour
– 6 cups of flour
– 2 tsp. Baking soda
– 6 tsp. Cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
– 2 tsp. Salt
– 4 cups of sugar
– 6 eggs
– 4 tsp. Vanilla
– 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
– 4 cups of grated zucchini
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
– Grate Zucchini (I use a tiny little grate so it takes awhile. After it’s grated, I chop up the zucchini in to smaller pieces to make sure it’s small enough for the bread.)
– Mix flour, soda, cinnamon, baking powder, & salt in a large bowl
– Beat sugar & eggs in a separate bowl
-Add vanilla & vegetable oil to sugar & eggs & beat again.
– Next, add the zucchini to the sugar mixture & mix well.
– Add all ingredients into the same large bowl.
– Pour into loaf pans & pop into the oven!
Here are a few snapshots of my baking experience! Shoutout to the hot hubby photographer.
This recipe does take a good amount of prep time and bake time but it is well worth the hard work! Zucchini bread is perfect for any summer party or get together. It is sure to get some good compliments too!We love to take it on our camping trips for an easy breakfast! I hope this recipe can bring you as much satisfaction as it has brought me! Happy summer and happy baking friends!